2 August 2011

Black and white addict

Maybe my visual perception is distorted. Ever wondered if you saw wavelengths and reflection of light different to the person next to you? If so, do we all see black and white in the same way?
I love monochrome images. Or maybe I hide behind them. Either way, I find myself addicted to turning many of my photographs into black and white.

Addiction: continued involvement with a substance or activity despite the negative consequences associated with it. Both physical or physiological, it means your brain awards you for doing that particular thing...this is how i award my brain.





And i am not the only one, many amazing images, winning images have no colour. One of my favourite black and white photographers is Paul Coghlin, an English photographer with no restriction to subject and a gorgeous style. He also uses a Nikon D300 which makes him all the more awesome :) Two of his portfolios draw me in, his flowers and his close ups of animal's faces.
http://www.paulcoghlinphotography.com/gallery_367578.html
http://www.paulcoghlinphotography.com/gallery_314226.html

I wish I could compare but this is all I have to offer

>

No comments:

Post a Comment